It’s Not Over


Copyright © 2025 
Chantelle Henderson


Yesterday I swam in the ocean of the supernatural peace, calm, and the love of the Father.  I prayed for a lot, more than usual about some things that will take a miracle.  In other words, I made requests for myself, which is rare.  I journaled some declarations and boldly proclaimed that no matter what the outcomes, it doesn’t change the fact that He is my Keeper.  He is my King.  He is my Savior.  He is my Way maker.  He is my Helper.  He is my deliverer.  He is my Source for all things - spiritually, physically, emotionally, relationally, and financially.  


I have lived enough life to understand that sometimes the answers come differently than we thought they would, yet I remain surrendered to His will and not my own.  In my own surrendering I’ve learned that it is not a one time event.  It’s a constant state of relinquishing any ounce of control I think I may have at given moment and saying, “I lay this down at your feet and have your way so that You be magnified my life.”


How can I begin to comprehend the way He chooses to answer my prayers?  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭ tells me that His thoughts are nothing like my thoughts, and that His ways are far beyond anything I can imagine.  That just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so His ways are higher than mine and His thoughts higher than my own thoughts.


The only times I have found peace and joy on my journey here is when I rest securely in the promises of His word which is truth and life.  


With pen and paper still in hand, I also wrote out 2 Corinthians 4:17-18.  It’s one of my "eternal perspective" scriptures.  It allows me to recenter my thoughts on eternity instead of the here and now, which is temporal.


“Our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."  


One of the greatest lies of the enemy is that things will never change.  


Don't believe it.  


They will.  


I’m not giving up.  Don't you dare give up either!  


There is too much inside of you that the world needs to bring light, hope, and healing to this faltered and broken state that we are living in right now.  They are things that nobody else can do in the way you can - the way God designed YOU to do it.  Your friends, your parents, your employer, or someone you admire and look up to can’t walk the paths that were laid out for you and you alone, to bring God glory.  You are uniquely and wonderfully made and there is not another you in the entire universe.  (Psalm 139)


God has brought ALL of us so far - TOO FAR for us to turn back, throw our hands in the air, and walk away from the life He has planned for us.  Nope.  We’re not gonna do that.  Not today, and not tomorrow.


Think back to everything He's brought you through:


Remember the situations you thought were impossible, but He made it happen?  


Think about all the answered prayers - or even the “unanswered”ones that rescued you from someone or something that would have nearly taken you out.  


Remember the times you were disobedient and He stretched out His merciful hands to lift you out of the pit that it created?  


Do you recall how many times He’s forgiven you from unthinkable things, and He remembered them no more?  


Or how about when you thought you lost everything but His grace and mercy redeemed and restored all that you thought was gone?  


I’ve got good news - no, make that great news; He has not changed and He never will, because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  


No matter what life looks like right now, it won’t always be this way.


How do I know this?  Jeremiah 29:11-13 in The Message Bible says, “I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.  When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.  When you come looking for me, you'll find me.”


There’s a quote by a street artist known as Bansky, that states, “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.”  PLEASE DON’T GIVE UP AND QUIT.  Never stop believing that the best is yet to be, because it is.  The enemy wants you to think it’s over.  That it’s too late.  That you’ve done irreparable damage to yourself or those in your sphere of influence, and that your best days are behind you.  


Well, dear friend, I’ve got something to tell you.  Those are all lies from the pit of hell.  The devil is a liar and there is NO truth in him.  


Let's fight with everything the Father has equipped us with to destroy the evil kingdom of darkness which has been growing faster than the speed of light over the past few years…..Actually, more now than ever.  


“What exactly has He given us. Chantelle?”, you may ask.  My answer is found in Ephesians 6:10-19 which I will post at the bottom.


Our victory over the evils of this world won’t be attained by our might, or our power, but by His spirit.  That is how we can and will prevail over the realm of deceit and death.  


As children of God, we have the victory!  He has given us the ability and the right to take authority over this present darkness.  We can take joy and be confident in the Lord because He who is in us is greater than anything or anyone in this world.  We have been given the name above all names to be triumphant in this life.  That name is JESUS.


We will not be overcome by evil, but will overcome evil with good through our surrender to our Heavenly Father, the studying of his word, prayer, thanksgiving, community, and above all, love.


Here is the scripture I promised:


‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬-‭18


“Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”

No comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *