My Psalm Of Brokenness


My Psalm Of Brokenness
Copyright © 2025 by Chantelle Thomas-Henderson
(Originally posted © 2008)

Psalm 5:15-17

"Unseal my lips oh Lord that I may praise you. You would not be pleased with sacrifices, or I would bring them. If I brought you burnt offerings, you would not accept it. The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise."

I've been longing for a past
That I know is forever gone.
Clutching my pillow through the night
And feeling so all alone.

Falling on my knees
And releasing all my tears
Crying out to you, O God,
To deliver me from my fears.

Looking for my friends
Who are no where to be found.
Standing at the crossroads of life
With many paths all around.

Which one do I take?
I desire the one that leads to you.
Show my feet where to walk
That I may not walk in what’s untrue.

I've been stripped of all my comfort zones.
It’s just me and You.
Sitting in this deep valley,
That I have to eventually walk through.

You are the lover of my soul
And the lifter of my head.
May you never hold the bottle in vain
That holds all the tears I’ve shed.

I've lost everything
That was once a part of me.
That somehow became idols
That had me bound when I thought I was free.

Holding on to my Bible
With its pages tattered and torn.
Returning to my first love
Whose power caused me to be reborn.

But this one thing I do know.
Is my Abba Father's loving arms.
For it is there I find my refuge
From this familiar journey's storm.

Even in all of this
I hear your Spirit's words so gently spoken.
Telling me that in this state,
I am finally, truly broken.

Now you can build me up
And make my life what you want it to be.
Thank you for loving me enough
To show me that in you and you alone that I am free!

No comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *