The Greatest Artist
Copyright © 2025 by
Chantelle Henderson
A few years ago a precious sister in the Lord made these hand painted cards for me. She started out with a completely blank canvas on a 4x6 index card. As I was looking at them tonight, I thought, “What a beautiful reminder of the season I’m in.”
Recently, I’ve come to the end of myself…. once again. The past is no more with its comfort zones and cloud nines. The familiar is suddenly unfamiliar. I’ve been emptied of all that is not of my Savior and I am being poured out in the fire of adversity. While it stings, hurts, is full of discomfort, crushing, and is leaving me feeling alone, I don’t despise it at all. I have been wrestling with God and He won.
I am exactly where I need to be; at the foot of the cross, broken and bare. I am surrendering what has been for what is to come-life and life more abundantly in Him.
The journey rarely looks the way I think it will and for that, I am truly grateful.
I am fully persuaded that the Lord is painting a masterpiece on the blank canvas of my life in this new season I’m living in. I can see Him painting with the indescribable, incomprehensible, and boundless colors of mercy, grace, forgiveness, and love as I passionately pursue Him-the only Way, the only Truth, and the only Life.
This I do know:
“Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless. Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God …. He accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ. All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me so I keep on running to take hold of the prize.” - Philippians 3:7-10, 12
The “want to suffer and die as He did” part is the prayer I’ve left unsaid over and over and is scary to me, if I’m being honest. The cup of suffering I wish to pass me by but doesn’t, leaves me saying, “Nevertheless, not my will but Your’s be done.” It’s a bold prayer that must be prayed if I am to be a true follower of Jesus Christ.
I believe wholeheartedly that He who began a good work within me, will continue his work until it is finally finished.” (Philippians 1:6).
Only when I cross over into eternity will the painting of my life be complete. When that time comes, I pray that people will see the hand of God in every grain-of-sand detail, stroke, unique, and awe inspiring, never-before-seen colors.
My deepest heart’s desire is that the work of His hand may be honored and glorified so that He and He alone is known as the greatest artist who ever was, is, or ever will be.


No comments